Preparing For Tough Mudder With Your Nurse Team
Tough Mudder, Spartan, and other races are great ways to challenge yourself and our friends, and to also build up some great teamwork fundamentals. But like anything else, your overall results will be directly related to how you prepare. With that in mind, we’ve put together a few tips for getting your team of nurses together and turning them into Spartan style Tough Mudder champs.
- Train Properly – Tough Mudder and similar races involve a lot of different disciplines, and one of the most important is cardio. Be sure that you train yourself properly in order to build up your cardio levels and be sure your team is ready for the big day.
- Support One Another – Teams are just that – teams. Be sure that you support your teammates with whatever is needed. Do they need motivation? Encouragement? Don’t drag one another down with insults or blame – lift each other up. Winning isn’t the most important thing – competing together and turning in your best performance is.
- Dress For Success – Comfort matters, and so does clothing that provides maximum performance for you whenever you’re working on building up your fitness. The right clothes will give you maximum mobility and help keep you comfortable when you sweat or get wet during the race.
- Eat Right – Diet really does matter. Pay attention to what you’re eating in order to ensure that you’re getting the nutrition that will actually help you improve your energy levels and your overall performance on the race course.
- Stay Positive – Just being positive is enough to ensure that you do the best you can. Going into a race with the right outlook and mindset will make a big difference, so be sure that you and your entire team approaches the race with a positive, upbeat attitude.
If you’ll keep these basic tips in mind you will be on the path to helping your team maximize their potential and move towards true greatness on today’s modern extreme race courses.